By AuxBeacon News Staff
In this photo, Lt. Cmdr. Tim Murphy, a psychologist with the Navy Reserve Medical Service Corps at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center at Bethesda, and the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania’s 18th congressional district, sprays fake blood on the bandages of a Civil Air Patrol cadet. This effort was part of the preparation for the July 2014 National Disaster Medical System Exercise at the Pittsburgh International Airport. The photo is credited to Senior Airman Marjorie A. Bowlden.
In October 2017, reports emerged that 64 year old Congressman Tim Murphy had encouraged his 32 year old lover, Shannon Edwards, to abort her pregnancy despite holding a strict public anti-abortion stance. Text messages were exposed showing that Shannon Edwards, rightfully, objected to the hypocrisy.
Murphy is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus who sponsored the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. A post on Facebook page proclaimed “we’ve had great victories to protect the sanctity of life in the first weeks of this New Year!”
House Speaker Paul Ryan later announced that Civil Air Patrol advocate Tim Murphy had tendered his resignation effective October 21, 2017. Follow up investigations described a culture of endemic abuse and harassment in Murphy’s congressional office.
• Cadet Accepted to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
• Navy: Review Underway After Rep. Tim Murphy’s Disclosure of Affair
• Pennsylvania Congressman Tim Murphy to Resign Amid Marital Scandal
• Pro-Life Rep. Tim Murphy Accused of Urging Mistress to Get an Abortion
• Pittsburgh City Paper’s Worst Pittsburgher of the Year: Tim Murphy
• Rep. Tim Murphy Admits Extramarital Affair